Online Business and Internet Marketing

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Blogosphere Marketing

By Guy Siverson

Blogosphere.

I've heard the term more than once but I wasn't sure if I really knew what it meant. So when I ran across the word for the umpteenth time in a magazine I was reading I decided to investigate.

Not only because of curiosity, but also because I wanted to find out if there were concepts I was missing tied to "blogosphere marketing"

Today, I'd like to discuss my findings.

First, I turned to that ever-handy defining tool. No not the dictionary or encyclopedia. Why use those when the Internet has Wikepedia?

Blogosphere is a collective term encompassing all blogs and their interconnections. It is the perception that blogs exist together as a connected community (or as a collection of connected communities) or as a social network.

Ahhh, good ole social networking. I really didn't think it would show up here. I mean I'm cool with the concept of social networking as it relates to…

* Social bookmarking (like StumbleUpon)
* Social networking (like MySpace & FaceBook)

I guess it makes sense that it would be tied with blogging too, since the whole concept of blogging is about building a community of people that enjoy and share your blog.

With that said, my question moves from what is it to how can I ruthlessly capitalize upon it's concept to exploit my own egotistically selfish Internet Marketing pursuit of world dominat….

Okay okay, that's a bit carried away.

Let's boil it down to how it can be used.

*** ADVERTISING ***

Google Adsense, Amazon, Ebay and others all have utilities you can tie to blogs that will help you earn money when people use these tools. Just be sure to monitize them to your own specific offereings. This concept is called affiliate marketing and most people know of it's abilities today.

The above entities are kin to stopping by your local mall; there are others like Aweber, GoDaddy, USFreeAds, and such that are much more specialized in their offerings.
But why stop there, especially as your website increases in Google PR and Alexa ranking? You could begin selling advertising spots on your blog. Just don't get carried away or the local junkyard might become more appealing to the naked eye.

*** CONTRIBUTORS ***

You have a blog.
You post your articles to the blog.
Duh!
Isn't that the purpose of a blog?

However, have you considered inviting tightly niched guest contributors to write for your blog? Why not? Sooner or later your audience is likely to become bored with your same ole rantings and want some fresh blood. In the offline world this is called a magazine. In the online world this is called a nicely managed blog.

*** SEO ***

What are you doing hiding under your coach? Come back here. Those words really aren't as scary as they look. Especially if you use a concept called bum marketing which practically writes the article for you.

*** MORE ***

* Backlinks
* Social networks & bookmarks
* Article marketing
* Video marketing
* Website traffic

All can be part of your blogosphere marketing that helps your Internet Marketing business blossom. Therefore, the ways in which blogs can help you grow are quite likely more numerous than one can imagine, but only if you actually do it.

No comments: